OLD RUTLISHIANS’ ASSOCIATION
The Clubhouse, Poplar Road, Merton Park, SW19 3JS
Old Rutlishians’ sporting facilities and clubhouse is at the heart of our community in Merton Park. The board of trustees is seeking to recruit a new trustee to oversee its long-term success.
Duty of the Treasurer
The Treasurer of the Old Rutlishians’ Assocation (ORA) is responsible for producing and managing the ORA’s accounts and finances. This role will include being responsible for all income and expenditure for the ORA.
* To be responsible for all ORA’s and its trading subsidiary’s (ORT) finances through ensuring adequate accounts and records exist
* To issue receipts and keep records of all monies received.
* To plan the annual budget in agreement with the Trustee Board and monitor throughout the year.
* To ensure that all funds are used appropriately.
* To ensure prompt banking of funding and to ensure all suppliers are paid accurately and on time.
* To maintain up to date records of all transactions and records of income and expenditure.
* To prepare end of year accounts and present to the auditor and at the AGM.
* To prepare payroll and pay staff (supported by external payroll provider)
* To provide the Trustee Board with quarterly management accounts
* To prepare and submit the quarterly VAT return.
* To own and manage all financial policies and procedures and ensure all financial risks are monitored.
* Oversight of the various sports sections treasurers and ensuring that they follow processes.
* Monitoring of ORA reserves.
* Reporting of annual finances to the Charities Commission
Commitment / Time for the roles
Attendance at Trustee meetings, and ongoing budget and financial responsibilities monthly and quarterly.
Benefits of the role
* Contributing to a well-managed and governed club.
* Potential to grow and develop the ORA’s finances.
Skills & experience required
* Enthusiastic about supporting the ORA and its strong long term financial position.
* Financial background and knowledge of managing and producing accounts.
* Knowledge of using and producing accounting spreadsheets or other accounting systems.
* Reliable and honest.
Candidates should submit a CV (including details of key achievements and responsibilities) along with a covering letter which addresses the competencies outlined in the role description and person specification. Please send all applications to: email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is January 30th.
The ORA recognises the value of diversity in all its forms at all levels of the organisation, including at Board level. We celebrate its role in the creation of an inclusive workplace culture and thrive on the range of experience and insight diversity brings to our organisation.