The ORA Executive have recently reviewed the Membership Fees and structure for 2020.
To become a member of Old Ruts a membership is needed for every adult player and/or parent and a subscription must be purchased for any sport that is played. This structure remains unchanged.
After careful consideration the ORA Executive have decided to increase adult and parent memberships by £10 a year from the point a membership is renewed.
The membership fee element is used to partly cover the maintenance and running costs of the Club and grounds and has not increased for many years. To enable the club to continue to prosper and attract new members there are some works, repairs and improvements that must be undertaken, for example:
- Improvements and decoration to the upstairs hall
- New signage on the exterior of the building
- New exterior doors
- Improvements to the bar area
This change will come into effect from Feb 1st 2020 for all renewals and new memberships.
This still represents excellent value at less than £1 a week for what we hope you will agree is a great community hub. Members can get a discount on Hall Hire should they wish to arrange a private function at Ruts and bar prices are generally lower than the majority of local establishments.
The full list of changes is as follows:
- 18 – 20 yr old players’ membership increases from £18 to £20 but this will now cover players aged 18 – 21 yrs.
- Country Membership of £20 for those living more than 14 miles from the club will no longer be available. It will be replaced by an alternative donation scheme for these valued contributors.
- Rutlish School Young Adult Membership for 16 – 18 yr olds at £9 will no longer be available. Children must have a registered adult as the member.
- Additional adult memberships of £10 available to the partners of life members will no longer be available. A 1st Adult parent or social membership or a 2nd Adult life membership must be purchased.
- Parent, player and social 1st adult memberships will increase to £40.
- Parent, player and social 2nd adult memberships will increase to £20.
If any of these changes cause any member difficulties we encourage you to talk to the leadership and team managers in your sporting section.
If you wish to provide feedback on any aspect of the Club you can do so via this online form or by talking to any member of the Executive Committee.
We look forward to seeing you soon.